Built in 1910, the Ross Netshed is typical of the local vernacular: simple masses with the gable oriented to the bay. The structure is a single story building on a pier base which is longer and lower than a typical historic house in the area. Ungrounded, it is lifted off the shoreline and water on a pier deck supported by wood piles. It was constructed in wood with red composition rooﬁng. Openings vary and include windows and large doors. The water end was open for easy access to store net and commercial ﬁshing gear. The original roof was moderately pitched over a simple mass. Later, another building was added and the east side of the original structure was enlarged, changing the roof pitch to provide for more covered storage (see pictures). By the 1960’s, a shed roof had been constructed over the open-end. The vertical wood siding was unpainted and the netshed continued to be used for commercial ﬁshing boat storage and repairs. When the property was sold in 2005, the wood siding had already been painted yellow to match the main house above the netshed. Horizontal siding had been added with the east facade covered with tack-on siding. The original unpainted vertical siding is preserved beneath the layers of added siding materials.
After 2005, the current owners covered the entire structure with unpainted board and batton cedar sid-ing, enclosed the open end with doors, replaced the windows, replaced the shed roof support posts and reroofed the leaking structure. The iron roof has rusted dark red to emulate the main house roof color and other netsheds with metal rooﬁng along the waterfront. The interior and exterior decking and exposed beams have been preserved. Some areas where individual planks or wood elements have decayed have been replaced. Some windows were added; the most prominent of which is a small double hung design located at the gabled end.